Seminars and testing was a blast- dinner and beer in K-town was even better!
Good to see everyone, sometimes work gets in the way and does not allow me to be at all of the seminars. My apologies to Douglas Firestone Sensei for not making it up to White Plains.
Always a fantastic opportunity to have Hataya Sensei and Mukai Sensei in town. Hope someone sends me a video of Hataya Sensei doing Tombo on a double mat-
Sang Kim sensei, thank you for all of the work you put in, please catch up on some sleep.

Gunto Toho kata- It will take time for this old brain to take in, but you can feel the practicality in the forms.
Testing- I appreciate the opportunity, and hope I did not embarrass sensei too much.
Adrenalin can be used as a tool- this I learned from years of Drag Racing. Yoko narabi and Futo maki cuts were made without feeling the tatami at all. Inazuma was the other example of not controlling the rush, and a loss of concentration on the first cut. 1/8 of an inch yama. First cut first, that cut did not even have to be close to the top of the mat. Someone said-"so close". But in my heart of hearts I knew it was not- Perfection is why we do this, or at least what we strive for.
At the pro level in racing, I always believed that the closest to perfect run will win. Someone loses, rather than someone wins. Someone will be less perfect.
Being so far from perfection, it's back to kihon, until my opportunity comes again.

"Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense. "
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comments

Sang Kim! said…
You did well and I was proud of the effort you showed. My goal now is to do tombo on a two roll. hahaha

Popular Posts