Love.


You get into many different things for different reasons. I got into sword due to kendo and old sword movies when I was a kid. Started early on and was able to grow into it. Been involved with sword for awhile and loved doing it of of course. But I can truly say how much it has a been a part of me.


Some things happen unexpectedly. I was diagnosed a with a benign tumor in my head that was about ¼ of my brain. It lead me to be stuck in the hospital for about 2 weeks immediately. For the 1st week, I didnt think about sword. I had many things to think about in terms what to expect and what needs to be taken care of.


Now I must say, this was my first time being on the receiving end of the hospital side. I didn’t know what to expect. From the drugs, and procedures etc. 1st week was all smiles and laughs, but after the successful surgery, it was something some of crazy self torture due to all the drugs etc. I tried my best to try to get through it all but physically it was too tough.


Spiritually, at first I was getting to that point. If I didn’t get all the support I was getting, would have fallen sooner I felt like. It was like crap, time to prep myself for all the abuse, but you know what got me through. Sword.


Sword practice always gave me a goal for something, and I loved the analytics of it etc. When I was hurting, thinking of training straightened me out and brought me ready to meet it on. I would just think about kata, cutting, gekken, everything. Events, the people I met, practices, great moments after practice. I love sword. I truly truly love sword.

Now time for round 2. Thank you.  

Comments

Ron D said…
Thank you for sharing that love.
I have come to love the art as well, and miss my time training with you. Take care my friend and Sensei, let's make it a point to share some training soon. I am looking forward to it!
oldbaby said…
Well said, and that love will push you through this.

Popular Posts