Injured Part 2

So it's been almost 2 weeks now since I've injured my shoulder, and Im learning quite a bit. Maybe more reinforcing what I know but still.

One of the things I stress is learning to stop to the sword by bringing your arms against your ribs. But because that's actually hurting my shoulder, I've been forced to stop the sword with my arms. The day after, my arm has been quite sore and painful. Especially around my elbow area. I haven't felt this since I first started sword, where I used to stop the sword with my arms because I didn't know better.

So now I have to learn how to swing the sword slow and still have umph. This is forcing me to rely more on my hara and tenouchi instead of force I can generate through my arms. In my last post I talked about how I still have a certain amount of tenseness left, that's because Im trying to swing fast in a slow swing. It's out of rhythm which is why it's hurting me when normally this wouldn't be a problem.

Im starting to learn how much Im making up for with bad technique with my physical ability. Still got lots to fix hahaha

Comments

Popular Posts