Injured

Being injured sucks. I just recently injured my shoulder. I was just playing basketball and twang, I felt something in my shoulder. Since then it's been quite sore and I get little sharp pains here and there.

Monday night I was at the dojo, and it was just me by myself. I didn't mind, since that gives me a chance to polish up and work some of the things I wanted to work on. Obviously I was very cautious of the injury but I wanted to see how much the injury would weigh on me. I did all the normal routines etc, and it made me realize how much tenseness I still had in my swing. Now, as much as I tend to harp on people about relaxing, I found myself doing some of the things I tell people not to do (to a much lesser degree at least hahaha).

By the end of my training session, I found a very comfortable and easy flow to swing the sword. Felt effortless and hardly any pain was felt. What have I found? What can I learn from this when hopefully my shoulder heals up? We shall see but like any roadblock, sometimes being forced to go around it helps you find something you didn't see before.

Comments

Popular Posts