Dojo 9th Year

So it's been 9 years since the dojo was officially created. I remember when we were just a small group that traveled all over. Now it's grown a lot. Honestly, as much as I appreciate the dojo, the anniversary was just an excuse to hit up the beer gardens or get people together to just have a good time.

However this year was a bit different for me due to my brain tumor experience. I remember being in the hospital and going over things like what if this was the end of it for me. You try to think of all the good and bad things that have happened throughout your life. I can honestly say though, creating the dojo was one of the best things I've done in my life. I felt like if I did pass, I was proud that I could have left something worthwhile. 

Through the dojo, I got to meet people that I would have probably never met or interacted with. Never made the great memories that were made through the ups and downs of training. We all sweat and suffer together to do something we love to do. Even if I'm not around anymore, I hope the dojo can come alive on it's own and continue to grow. 

As much as I love swordsmanship, I love my dojo more. Happy birthday. 



Comments

Popular Posts